Welcome to the Cygnet Living History Museum web site.
Keeping the History of Cygnet Tasmania fresh and alive.
Find us at 37 Mary Street, Cygnet - or use our Contact Page
We try to staff the museum continuously. However, please contact us in advance
if you are making a special trip to our part of the world.
Please use our Contact Page to get in touch.
Check-in TAS pack is on its way, so smart phone users will
soon be able to quickly complete their COVID obligations.
We will still however be asking people to sign our visitors book
so that we
have a record of where folks are from. This also helps us with funding.
Yes - It has been 20 years!
and we celebrated with a
Cygnet Maritime History Presentation and Display
Held at the Weighbridge Cottage Burtons Reserve, Cygnet
Cygnet Living History Museum is run and maintained by a small but dedicated group of local volunteers and helpers. We rely on community support to continue providing access to historic information and resources for the both the local and wider Tasmanian community.
Our visitors are quite often from the furthest reaches of Tasmania and even interstate. With a surprisingly strong representation having regularly come all the way from France (pre-COVID), where there is still considerable interest in the history of our region thanks to its exploration by various French expeditions.
Our purpose is to educate, elucidate and record the fascinating stories that have been a part of Cygnet's intriguing evolution within the Huon Valley region.
Visit the Cygnet Living History Museum for:
- Historic Information
For Cygnet, Huon Valley and the D'Entrecasteaux Channel region (pronounced Don-tre-cass-toe)
Find forgotten leaves on your family tree (or perhaps the odd convict skeleton in the closet)
and even more secrets in the cemeteries
- See our collection of Photos and Artefacts
Curated and maintained by donation and volunteers
- Donate - Help Us Keep History Alive
Photos / Documents / Artefacts
Financial Donation / Purchase a Cygnet Souvenir
- Take a Guided Historic Walk (Coming Soon)
Several walks will be on offer covering various aspects of Cygnet's history
Good for the mind and body
- Stay Safe - Help Us Manage the Virus
• Please observe social distancing
• Make use of provided Hand Cleaner
• Avoid touching display items
• Please sign our visitor's book - it helps us with funding opportunities
and COVID19 management.
- This is the official Cygnet Living History Museum (CLHM) web site. While there are other web sites, including a Facebook page that suggest they are connected to the Museum, these are NOT under the control of, or an active part of the Museum. Whilst we have asked for these pages to be amended and/or removed, no action has been taken by the relevant web site administrators at this time. Appropriate action will be forthcoming.
Please feel free to use our Contact Page